Roma-LGBTQI people, heterosexuals and non-Roma together for equality, diversity and freedom on July 7, 2018 at Budapest Pride. Join and come along with us!
If you believe in our common peaceful coexistence, then join the truck of the soon launching QRTV Europa and Háttér Társaság at the 23rd Budapest Pride.
LGBTQI-Roma in Europe face multiple discrimination due to multiple identities such as ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. It is an issue that has not been received sufficient attention in the society and media.
Our goals with the Roma-LGBTQI float are:
– to support Roma people, who are fighting with their identity as being ’different’. As a Roma, it can be harder to reach the self-acceptance because of the fear of unknown (lack of information about homosexuality) and by the prejudices they already bear.
– to empower them to accept their identity, or even to come out of the closet.
– raising awareness of Roma and non-Roma communities to the importance of acceptance vis-à-vis the LGBTQI community.
– to show that Roma and non-Roma can work together on issues like equality.
– to commemorate Milán Rózsa, the LGBTQI and human rights activist’s crucial work in Hungary. (♥)
Everybody is welcome to join the float, independently from racial, sexual and other background!
Organizers: QRTV Europa, Háttér Society